BOMA Nashville will use this page to communicate information, documents and webinars about the Coronavirus Pandemic to our members. Please share with anyone you feel would need this information.
- Please remember to use our Allied Members. View the latest Allied Directory here.
- BOMA Learning Webinar Series: Managing Industrial Properties (April 7th - June 16th)
- BOMA Learning Webinar Series: Major Industrial Building Systems - Module 5 - Part II - Includes a Live Event on 06/04/2020 at 1:00 PM (CDT)
- BOMA Georgia Foundation has released a new guide in response to COVID-19: Building Re-Entry: 10 Essential Resources for Property Management and Operations Professionals, as well as a two-part video series on mindfulness: Understanding Mindfulness and Mindfulness and Dealing with Uncertainty. Additionally, BOMA Georgia has also released two leadership-themed videos: Leadership Lessons from COVID-19 and Lessons on Servant Leadership from Adam Grant. In response to member concerns about their personal finance, BOMA Georgia has released a webinar recording titled Financial Tune-Up During a Challenging Time. It explores how the CARES Act impacts personal finance, budgeting, investing basics, estate planning, and more. While the webinar is primarily designed for young professionals, much of the content is applicable to individuals of any age. Finally, BOMA Georgia partnered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to produce a four-part video series on healthy eating during COVID-19. The videos include Food Safety Considerations for COVID-19, Healthy Eating Habits, Dietary Considerations for School-Aged Children, and Access to Food.
- BOMA International has released its fifth coronavirus guidance document – Industrial Re-Set: Operational and Management Guidelines for Industrial Properties Amid COVID-19. While tenants in office buildings have been working at home in response to state-mandated stay-at-home orders, most tenants in warehouse, distribution, and manufacturing industrial facilities have been reporting to work as usual, but at the same time dealing with COVID-19 health and safety challenges. This new document, developed by a sub-group of BOMA International’s Industrial Committee, offers management best practices for owners and property managers of industrial properties, as well as suggested operational and workforce guidance tenants may want to consider. Here is the link to the new document: BOMA Industrial Guidance Document, which can also be accessed from BOMA’s Coronavirus Resource Center.
- NFPA continues to update and provide resources for response and recovery from the COVID 19 virus, and as states begin to allow businesses and facilities to re-open, we have developed a checklist to ensure fire protection and safety systems are ready for those buildings to reoccupy. Click here to review the Fire & Life Safety Checklist for Reopening a Building.
- FEMA Advisory: COVID19 - Exercise Starter Kit FEMA released a kit to help organizations plan for resuming operations during COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. The kit includes a fact sheet, sample slides, and a facilitator guide with suggested discussion questions that can be tailored to meet the needs of your organization or agency. Click to download.
- BOMA International’s new building re-entry guidance document: Getting Back to Work: Preparing Buildings for Re-Entry Amid COVID-19.
- More from BOMA GA: New published article Engaging Your Virtual Team; a new webinar recording on the topic of Managing the Tenant/Customer Experience During COVID-19. This webinar takes a holistic look at maintaining and enhancing the tenant, customer, and employee experience in dealing with COVID-19. It also briefly examines considerations for reducing operating expenses and preparing for increased building utilization.
- The BOMA Georgia foundation has released a new, free paper titled Operational Savings: A Guide to Maximizing Opportunities During a Time of Low Building Utilization. Even though some jurisdictions are easing shelter-in-place requirements, for many properties, building utilization is expected to remain below typical utilization rates for some time. The workbook-style guide is designed to assist building management and operations teams in exploring tactics and strategies to decrease operating expenses; more easily complete needed maintenance and projects; and/or prepare for a return to more normal building utilization. The ideas included are designed to provoke thought and conversation among property management and building operations teams.
Responding to the sustained, increased number of people working at home, here is a three-part video series on maintaining good physical and mental health during remote work. The video series includes exercising at home, remote work and incorporating exercise into the day, and considerations for maintaining good mental health.
- BOMA Georgia has released a webinar recording titled Operational Savings in a Time of Low Census. The webinar explores the tactics that some property management and building operations staff are implementing to cut costs at their properties in response to a lower building utilization rate. It also highlights some efforts property managers and building engineers can take in conducting maintenance and preparing for a large number of tenants to return to work in office buildings. Additionally, they have released a two-part video series on maintaining a hopeful outlook through COVID-19, with a video titled Maintaining Hope in the Face of COVID-19 and another Hopeful, Historical Perspective on COVID-19. Finally, they also released two additional videos related to COVID-19: one on Long-Term Uncertainty and the Decision-Making Process and the other on Dealing with Stress and Significant Work Hours in a Crisis.
- Presentation from Inspire Commercial Real Estate Services: PREPARING FOR RE-OCCUPANCY: LIFE AFTER COVID-19
- In response to member requests, BOMA International has created additional resources to understand the nuances of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. This two-page guide analyzes the provisions included in the CARES Act and its impact on commercial real estate. BOMA International’s advocacy team also recorded a flash call to walk members through the details at greater length.
- Here are some free resources available from BOMA Georgia related to COVID-19:
1) Recorded webinar on: Improving Your Effectiveness as a Remote Worker
2) Recorded webinar on: Effectively Managing and Leading Remote Employees
3) Additional short videos to supplement these webinars: 3 Keys to Successfully Working Remote and
Managing and Leading Remote Employees
4) Also they worked with an epidemiologist to produce a video series on infectious disease prevention and control, including 1)
building/office cleaning and waste; 2) hand hygiene; and 3) social/physical distancing.
5) Finally, here are two additional videos members may find helpful: 1) Effective Leadership in a Crisis and 2)
Making Decisions when Dealing With Long-Term Uncertainty.
- American Red Cross Need Our Help! Members interested in hosting a blood drive at their property will need to fill out the form online. Here are the site requirements as well as a summary of the situation, provided by the American Red Cross.
- Presentation from Inspire Commercial Real Estate Services: Using a Tenant Council to Keep Open Lines of Communication about COVID-19.
- OMA International held a webinar entitled COVID-19: Maintaining Building Operations and Preparing for Re-Occupancy. It was recorded and now can be viewed here.
- Nashville COVID-19 Response: www.asafenashville.org
- Presentation from Inspire Commercial Real Estate Services: Copying with Coronavirus #PossibilityThinking
- BOMA International’s Coronavirus Resource Center: www.boma.org/coronavirus
- Presentation from Inspire Commercial Real Estate Services: Managing Your Building Through the COVID-19 Shutdown
- View BOMA Seattle's webinar on COVID-19. In addition, we have provided slides from their webinar.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website: www.cdc.gov